Monday, 20 June 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge

Dena picked a brilliant theme for this week’s Wild Orchid Challenge – Shabby Chic Friendship.  And there is another fabulous prize up for grabs too (and in there is their new silk ribbon)

WOC 20110620

I am loving the shabby chic look at the mo so this one was right up my street!  I used my new Pion Design Papers (did I ever have to psyche myself up to cut into them lol.)  Aren’t they just gorgeous!  And to think I splodged crackle paint all over them eek.

bev-rochester-sugar-nellie-carefree

Not even the ribbon missed the paint treatment – I tell ya I am lethal with the stuff!  I used some of the new copper coloured metal embellishments (slathered in paint and stickles)

bev-rochester-sugar-nellie-carefree2

The image has been coloured with copics and pencils.  I did the sky with the Ink Dusters.  I’ve heard that this can be done with dry baby wipes, I tried it and me no likey.  You don’t get the soft brushed effect that you get with the dusters so I will stick with what works for me.  So glad I tried it before I coloured the image else the card would never have got finished lol.

bev-rochester-sugar-nellie-carefree5

Colours used:
Hair: E25, E31, E50
Skin: E11, E21, E00, R20
Greens: YG67, YG63, YG61, G20
Jeans: E44, E42, E40
Tank Top and flowers: YR02, YR00, YR000
Basket: E35, E31, E40
Fence: E79, E74, E71, E50

Recipe:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Carefree, Sentiment Whimsy Stamps
Paper: Pion Design Papers
Embellies: Lace, Seam Binding, button, metal embellishments, Curly Wild Rose, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, 10mm roses 
Tools: Sewing machine, Memory Box Die

I’ve popped this card in my eBay shop

logoEbay_x45

Hope your week is a good one :o)

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

41 comments:

  1. Nothing shabby about this one Bev, another little cracker! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous and definitely shabby chic. Any chance of a tutorial on doing that sky:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning Bev as always.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Bev and that sentiment goes perfectly.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Bev, love the shabby chic look x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful soft shades Bev. Lovely card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev , what a beautiful card love the shabby look
    xxx tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful scene Bev,gorgeous card.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card again Bev. Your work is stunning and all the flowers looks awesome here with this cute image. All together is just sooo wonderful. Great job once again hun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What another beautiful creation.....that crackle paint is really effective, loving the shabby phase you're goin through & yes those metal embellishments are soooooo great.....bought loads from WOC myself. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev, beautiful card love it lots.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shabby chic technique is fabulous, Bev, as is the card!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Bev that is stunning and I love the way shes just dreaming. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, love the papers
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Bev! I love the colours and the sweet image!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joanna McDonald xx20 June 2011 at 12:51

    Absolutely stunning as aways!!
    Every card you do is colored so
    beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooohhh your card is sooooooooooo beautifull!!!!!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally gorgeous, Bev!!!!! I definitely can relate about the papers! I find it rather stressful to cut some papers; ROTF!! Enjoy your day, hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cutest card. Like Sugar Nellie and your sky turned out beautiful. Keep doing what works. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! This is fab! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOw,great card Bev! Love the papers too!
    hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Bev love the colour combo aqnd your new copper embellies!!! gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning creation Bev!!! Love it!

    Big Hugs Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. hurstman83@aol.com20 June 2011 at 17:23

    I love this as always...AWESOME

    Jenny J.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Schitterende kaart Bev,lief die stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
    Prachtig papier en bloemen.

    Liefs Riet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Georgeous image, very summery. Yummy colours. Love sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You could splodge your cards with muddy water and they'd STILL be fabulous!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is so beautiful Bev, a gorgeous image and wonderful papers too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bev!!! É tão bom visitar seu blog e ver tanta coisa linda!! You´re a very talented lady and I love all your work!!
    Have a marvellous week!
    Love and hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, Bev- you have the shabby chic look perfect and love that little postage stamp sentiment.

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - looks really good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow - looks really good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. So beautiful!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your card.Perfect sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This card is simply gorgeous. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails