Thursday, 16 June 2011

Lili of the Valley Challenge – Bring on the music

It’s Lili of the Valley Challenge day today and the theme is Bring on the Music.  Oh dear, I got so carried away trying to make the card look shabby I covered the vintage music sheet with paint, glitter and flowers but there is music on my card, promise!  I even have a picture of the inside to prove it rofl.  And a warning, this post is picture overload!!

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog

OMW I am so loving the new Lili of the Valley girls stamps, I really don’t know which one to use first!  Each one is my new favourite although I think Milly Me and My Dog that I have used today is my absolute favourite.  How cute is that ponytail??

There’s that bit of vintage music sheet just peeking out.  See, I told you lol.  I think you can see the cheesecloth that I have distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink, gesso and stickles.  Even the new metal embellishments didn’t escape the treatment, I slathered the stuff on everywhere.  Gordon Bennett!!  Talk about getting carried away Bev!!

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog1

Colouring was done with the usual Copics and pencils and the sky was done with Stampin Up Soft Sky ink (I had already coloured one and did the sky with Tumbled Glass and it was way too dark so had to start over).

Colours used:
Skin: E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
Hair: E29, E31, E50
Clothes: R81, RV00, RV000
Doggy: C3, C1, C00
Grass: YG67, YG63, GY61, G20
Swing: E29 E23, E50, and rope E35, E30

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog2

I decided that the bow looked better tied with the lace rather than ribbon, first time I’ve tried this and love the shabby look.  The twine threaded through the button is actually paper string from Calico Crafts.

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog3

Even the flowers got a dose of paint and Stickles

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog4

And the inside just to show a slightly better pic of the music sheet

bev-rochester-lotv-milly-me-and-my-dog5 

The card is listed in my eBay shop

logoEbay_x45

Recipe:

Stamps: Milly me and my dog, sentiment and tag Clear Additions all from Lili of the Valley
Embellies: 25mm tea rose, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, metal embellishments, pearls, button all from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Very fine cotton lace edging and 6mm ribbon from The Ribbon Girl 
Tools etc: Cheesecloth, gesso, stickles, MS Frond punch, Nesties, sewing machine

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

45 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bev, just beautiful.

    Such a little cutie and I love her dog - great card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just gorgeous Bev. I agree these girls and boys too are just so gorgeous, and makes such stunning cards. But your card here is also really over the moon, and I just love all the glitter and stuff you´ve added to it he he he. It´s just awesome and I so love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An incredibly pretty card! Superb detail, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work but well worth it - you've made another beautiful card Bev - love the paint and glitter treatment, embellishments and I could just see the music peeping out! You're right about the lace bow - does give it a vintage look. gorgeous! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner Bev,
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I don't get Bev is how you get so many wonderful things onto one card and it stands up - mine would have flopped into the sink by now, lol! Absolutely gorgeous - love all the details and it must have taken ages to bring this together. Of course, that image steals the show! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bev, simply stunning, your attention to detail is amazing, love the image from LOTV will have to get some very soon.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh its so yummy and gorgeous Bev, so much sparkle too. Such a pretty little image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev this so sweet a lovely cute image and great layout, I love your shabby chic look on this card hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Bev love how youve layered it and those butterflies are great. cute image thats for sure.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Bev,love the lace.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have words to describe how beautiful this card is Bev, you are amazing!!!

    Hug, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you come up with all these ideas! I have ordered this stamp and can't wait for it to arrive. Your card is stunning Bev. Loving the shabby chic look with the paint. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo my, such a gorgeous vintage card. Love all the embellies and the image is soooo cute!
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, die karte ist wundervoll!!

    hugs
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card and what a beautiful stamp Bev.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so much detail on this card Bev, it's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way you bring these delightful images to life with your incredible colouring, Bev! Beautifully done and designed, as always! Have a nice day, hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bev. Beautiful colours on your card, sweet image and so much detail. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful! I love this sheet of music paper that you used! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute. Lots of things to look at in this card. Cute stamp! Edna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Joanna McDonald16 June 2011 at 14:29

    Beautiful card - she is so cute
    with her pup! I love the technique
    you discribed about cheesecloth- that is neat!! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bev, your card is gorgeous and I love all the bits and bobs youve put on it to. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card!! This image is so sweet and I love all the details you added!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that stamp. I've ordered it, but since I'm in the USA, it will be at least sometime next week before I receive it. Anything with dogs catch my eye so I knew this was a must have. I'm making note of your coloring of this stamp too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The details are amazing with this cutie
    blessings to you, Dawn ll

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have run out of adjectives to discribe your creations...LOL. Your work is always so beautiful! I too love the image it is darling.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. ta carte est très jolie j'adore bravo
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely beautiful, those LOTV stamps are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful card. I love the image.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahh, sweet sweeter sweetest!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  33. A stunning card Bev, this image is sooooo adorable! Beautiful colours 'n' papers and I love all the gorgeous embellies too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous work in gorgeous colours, i love all of it hugs empty headed pops x

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a stunning card! Beautiful as always and what a sweet image!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  36. A beautiful card, Bev; adore the OTT shabby chic look- fab-u-lous!

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  37. Félicitation for te wonderful card.
    I like the théme OF THE CARD.
    BIG BISOUS

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awww it appears that little doggie is giving his girl a push on the swing...too cute! I love the shabby chic look! You just amaze me more each day girl!!!!! Love it!
    xxxxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  39. Super adorable Bev~~~love this sweet card and image!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card and gorgeous image!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely card...really like the lace bow!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails